Keith Emerson of ELP.....Rest in Peace!

We've lost another great one today, Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer ( ELP ).  Sad as he was not very old.  A great keyboard player.  He, Greg Lake and Carl Palmer were way ahead of their time I always thought.  The way they mixed jazz and classical with rock was amazing.  I know what I'll be doing later today/tonight; listening to "Fanfare For The Common Man", Works Vol. I., etc. Rest in peace Keith, and thank you for the great songs and memories.

carmenc
I ws lucky enough to see them several times in my youth!

Concert quality musicians who were so in sink with each other that the music would stray to unbelievable places yet come together on a dime!

Truly one force of nature!

Neither did I mapman.  I sure wish I would have.  I've sure enjoyed their many albums however.  Really like Tarkus and the Works Vol. I and 2 albums.  Regards........
Thank you for letting us know. I was in high school when ELP were at their peak, but I still enjoy their albums today. Saw them one time, August Jam, 1974, Charlotte Motor Speedway, 400,000 people, not ideal venue, but enjoyed it nonetheless. RIP.