Turntable isolation...

What do you use...?
128x128infection
"put your turntable in a ground level room with no basement or suspended floor. Difficult to get a more solid platform."

There’s a lot to be said for shaky and wobbly as in the Flexy Rack of yore. The ease of motion in a particular direction is proportional to the effectiveness of the isolation in that direction. The Earth ’s crust motion forces the entire house structure to move, including the basement concrete slab, like a flea on a wet dog shaking itself.
geoffkait you make a good point.  I have tried it both ways and cannot tell (hear) a difference.  I have had the table on maple, MDF, and on top of my current rack.   The only thing I haven't tried is putting it in the rack on  acrylic shelves that are doubled and separated by ceramic balls.  I think that could make for human error having to navigate around the table even though the rack is large enough.

My theory is the steel plate is so rigid that the fluid suspended Basis "resonant annihilators" are able to stay linear and do their job - much like the calibrator base does when used.   I could be wrong but I still can't hear a difference.

In Ancient Greece a symposium was a wild drinking party. Orgy included, one assumes. Count me in.