Ortofon 2M Black?

Alright guys... I realized just how long it had been since I updated or even logged into my profile... So my little 2 channel system has evolved...

My table is still a Technics SL-1200MKII... BUT... It has:
TimeStep EVO Power Supply
TimeStep EVO Bearing
Oyaide Platter Mat
Same weight
KAB Fluid Damper
Cardas arm rewire

My phono preamp is still fairly elementary but solid:
Schiit Mani

My Speakers are:
Koss CM1030's
Recapped and replaced all crossover components with top shelf items
Replaced Tweeters with new ones (knockoff's of the orginals)

My Amp:
Well a work in progress for now I am back to the Onkyo TX-8522 receiver
I have an older onkyo setup with a Grand Integra M508... But it is in the shop (AND WILL BE RETURNING SHORTLY)

So the question of it all:
I have been cartridge hunting and trading... I still have my shure m97xe with the JICO SAS... However, that stylus's suspension gave up the ghost and I am replacing it with a simple LP Gear Line Contact one because I seriously don't care for the sound of the cart... My wife's favorite to date is my older than dirt Grado Blue... For that reason I was looking at either the SoundSmith Otello or Carmen... However, after some facebook and research; I had several tell me to quit messing with idea of a ruby retip dynavector 10x5 or anything similar and just go Ortofon 2M Black and be happy... So that is what I am about to pull the trigger on... LP Gear has a really good deal on them... Having owning the SAS; I am REALLY familiar with setting correct VTA, Azimuth (it is manual and a bit of a pain on my table--but is easily measured with my Fozgometer), and of course the all important alignment... I really don't mind the exotic shapes and most of my albums are pristine and the few that aren't... Well then I still have the Grado... Well unless the cuts I am interested in are on the inner grooves... But don't get me started on that one.

Long story short; Do you guys think I am making a mistake with the Ortofon 2M Black, or is it a good idea?
bc5k
I'm not keen on it. I think that for a MM it sounds thin and lacks midrange body.

Given that this statement runs counter to every user or professional review I've ever read about the 2M Black for several years now, and that the Shibata stylus is very demanding for alignment and SRA, I'm inclined to think this was a mismatch or setup issue.
Given that this statement runs counter to every user or professional review I’ve ever read about the 2m Black

I’ve read the "thin" opinion many times.
Post removed