Best Standard Def DVD Player under $8,000 used?

I am looking for the best possible Standard Def DVD player
that is BLACK. I have a Krell DVD Showcase now and it's
great but I am wondering if there is better to be had for
under $8,000 used.

I would like to hear opinions/comparisons of the video
quality for:

Krell DVD Standard
Linn Unidisk 1.1
Meridian G98
Denon 5910CI

Thanks
Tom
tom92602
hey I am very glad that I waited to respond. I see their are other's who think that spending $8,000 used for a DVD player is just plain n%$t's.
We are all in AWE! We can't fathom such decisions. We are all here looking to buy $299 Blue Ray players!!! Just kidding.
Actually, I don't understand what you believe you could get on any front with your search, personally? Not to avoid the question. But you won't get the video quality out of it on standard DVD's, nor will you get anything super special on compressed DVD 16/44 sound. You can only hope to get some superior audiophile grade quality on standard 16 bit, er maybe 20 bit CD playback, with a superior transport and dac combo in a DVD player. So why not look for a good standalone CD player and descent quality DVD player with superb pic and better than average sound?
Well, anyway, I thought the Krell and Meridian's were the the best DVD's. Does Ayre make one? That should be good. I also k now Theta made a good one in the David? Might look into it, reviews, mods, etc.
Um, I'm at a loss really, besides those obvious, for standard DVD anyway
lol!!! At the present time you couldn't give me a new DVD player..no matter who made it. ;-)
Seriously....they still make those?
To the original question:

I have the Denon 5910 and find the video output of my Levinson 51 to be superior. The Levinson may have been the finest DVD player ever made. It is about $8K used (it is also a fabulou CD player). The color quality of the Levinson is superior to the Denon.
Tom, The DVD Standard measured better than any DVD player ever put on the bench. I purchased mine with the HDMI option. ($9500) These never, EVER, come up, but look around, and standard Standards are going for less than 2k. KILLER CD playback. See if Krell will still upgrade one. Mine isn't going anywhere but as you can see, the people want to know, 'why you are looking for an older technology'?