Phono pre "Break-In" process? Necessary?

Just ordered a new phono preamp from Jolida  (J9II). Is there a break in process I should be aware of? Or do I simply play normal and realistically believe that it will open up as time goes on. Also, how much can one expect this pre will improve over time?

markeetaux
wolf

I apologize if I rub you the wrong way or any other readers for that matter.

As time goes on and others are added to the number of people who have  had a chance to hear what I have been trying to describe, it will become self evident as to the advantage (or not) of such a system.

A 1964 recording no doubt with tube mic preamps. Good stuff!
BTW I have designed with tubes as well and often thought of how an H-CAT circuit made of tubes would perform.

I have also thought about sticking a 12AX7 out of the top of my SS preamp with just the heater hooked up.  (Sorry - I couldn't resist)

Roger
wolf

After reading these posts again I do recognize something I should not have done. To say that your system lacks focus. I actually prefer tube systems over SS for just that attribute. I was able to put together my Idea as SS only because there are some advantages especially in the area of output drive capacity. I have built hybrids with tube front-end and SS out.
Part of my goal was to match if I could the awesome micro / inner detail of a good triode. I was able to do that with SS. That's a miracle all by itself :)
I think we are on the same side - we all enjoy great sounding music. 

I do apologize for knocking your system.

Roger
Well, there are obviously lots of reasons why a system might lack focus including, but are not limited to, lack of vibration isolation, lack of sufficient or correctly placed room treatments, disregard for cable and fuse directionality, disregard for absolute polarity of the system, there is at least one problem in the system, disregard for the magnetic field produced by large transformers, insufficient damping of circuit boards and CD transport mechanism and non optimum speaker locations.

geoffkait,

Your right - the odds are against having things work properly.

Roger