Universal Players vs. Dedicated CD/SACD Players

Greetings all. I'm curious what other's experiences are listening to Universal Players vs. "dedicated" cd/sacd players. I have an Oppo BDP95 based on the reviews and convenience of the "one-box" solution. However, I've been wondering if I'm missing some audio performance this way. I'm more into sound than video BTW. I have an audiophile friend who says he doesn't like audio and video in the same box. I've entertained thoughts of purchasing a dedicated audio cd/sacd player. Your input is appreciated.

128x128beernut
Hopefully some more Oppo 95 owners can chime in.  I know the Nad C565BEE is superior, but it's no longer made and went for $800 back in 2011. They pop up used now and then.  I'm not sure if the current Nad C546BEE is just a stripped down version of the 565 or not, and thusly would sound the same without the optical input and filtering modes.

But it does come down to taste, some prefer Marantz cd players over Oppo and vice versa.  Owners say the Oppo 105 is nicer sounding than the 95, but you'd have to spend a fair amount.  
I'm not sure OP told us where the output of the 95 goes.  Oppos can provide many of the functions of a processor or they can be used as spinners if HDMI is taken to a pre/pro.

Balanced analog from my Ayre C-5xeMP goes to a Parasound JC 2 BP, but HDMI from my Oppo 105D and Sony XA5400ES goes to a Bryston SP3 that does the analog processing.  Front LR from the SP3 is passed through the JC 2 BP to JC 1 mono blocks.  The SP3 has closed the gap, but I still prefer the Ayre for stereo, especially for CDs. 
Hello 213runnin
I have owned Oppo 95 and a friend has a Oppo 105. The Oppo 105 has no fan noise. The 105 is supposed to have a better chip set.  The Oppo 95 has a fan that can come on when it gets warm. Some owners complained about the noise. My Oppo 95 fan came on on about the forth or fifth disc in a row. I only heard it when i was right on top of it. From my listening spot about  ten feet away i never heard it. The 95 vs the 105 from what i heard the 105 was a slight bit better across the board. I had to use xlr cables to hear the difference. To be fair my Oppo 95 was well broken in and the Oppo 105 did not have the same amount of hours on it. Both are very nice units and need a long break in period. Oppo customer service is all so five star.
Enjoy Pete

Good info Pete, I forgot about the fan.  I would have been curious about the 105, but Nad has made a believer out of me.