Looking for a power cable upgrade

I got an itch to upgrade. The sound I'm getting now is great I like it but like most of us I'm want to look at the other side of the mountain for some thing better. This is what I'm using right now:
http://www.vhaudio.com/acrolink-7n-p4030.html
Im looking at spending around 500.00 per cord either used or new, and also would try a diy solution. If anyone as used my current cables and has moved to something else please comment. Or if you have found something fantastic please comment as well. Any input would be great. 
manwich620
Get in touch with Bob Grost at Cerious Technologies, his cords were the ones that truly convinced me power cords make a difference. And since he started selling direct his prices are very reasonable. Just do a search for Cerious in the classified ads he usually has an ad running and shoot him a message. No affiliation just love his cables my whole system is wired with Cerious now.
Be careful in your upgrade trek -- expecting immediate improvements are not guaranteed because they are very system dependent. Changing power cables are just like ICs and speaker cables ... Each has a sonic signature that varies from system to system.

Real- life example in my system: the REGA COUPLE power cord is an OEM provided power cable that is a standard recommendation with the REGA ISIS valve cdp and the REGA OSIRIS integrated amp. That powe cable as a standslone is a very good build quality designed by REGA at around the $200-$250 range.

So my buddies and did a shootout with numerous alternatives ranging from $150 to north of $1200. 

My "A" system  above: the REGA bested all comers with THAT system including a $1200 Furutech, and against expensive offerings from CARDAS , high-end  FURUTECH, CHORD, ATLAS, LFD, LFD hybrid (LFD cable with the vert top FURUTECH connectors), ECOSSE, PS AUDIO, SHUNYATA and a bevy of others . A few were even a large step down compared to the the rest , and the sensitivities of the power cord were more acute in the cdp as the source.

IN CONTRAST, in my more modest "B" system, the LFD hybrid reigned supreme ... even over the REGA.

Your takeaway : system synergy matters big-time and upgrades to power cables (any cables....) in seeking audio performance improvements are very system dependent, full stop.

I would NOT use any ad hoc testimonials posted in this blog as anything more as a name for filtering out to actually audition in YOUR system first. Changes are no guarantee to be upgrades ... They can also be a sideways move or even noticeable step back.

A used Purist would sound wonderful i think its your best bet when they come up here they go quick.Enjoy!!

Thanks! for sharing- akg_ca

Cardas, at any price/level is too rolled off from the start.