Vandersteen 2w or 2wq's

I have a nice pair of Vandersteen 3a sigs and was thinking about adding subwoofers.
Audiogon has listings for a pair of 2w's. My question is:
What differences are there between the 2w and 2wq's(besides the variable q) sound wise?
Should I be concerned about buying an old subwoofer-does anything wear out and need replacing?
Thanks Bob
gdnrbob
Dekay, I am from the 70's and I never heard or used 'Telecon'. Maybe it was a regional term. Maybe I'm growing forgetful... ;)

Slightly off topic, but I tried to start another discussion but got no response...
Is the M5-HT crossover limited to Vandersteen subwoofers? Can it be used with other brands?
WSPOHN (((While I own a 2W, I also own some Hsu VTF-15H MK2. For $900 these will kill just about anything else at that price point, including the Vandies.)))

Yea if you want big bump at 90 hz bass i guess you are right.

Take a pair of 2WQs High Passed with the 3A sigs and play Ray Browns acoustic bass and see which sounds natural like music or closer to the Vandy Fives that you also seem to like. Even adding one more 2W will be amazing as a pair of 2WQs smooths out the bass in room response, High Passing allows your main amps burden from lifting below 80 hz and the whole system dramatically improves, increasing transparency and clarity.
  JohnnyR Vandersteen dealer
Re: Audioconnection
As a Vandersteen dealer, have you seen any issues with old 2w subs?
Mr. V said they were getting a bit old and more prone to problems.