What's up with the ridiculous offers?!?

Is it just me or are the high volume of low-ball offers surprising anyone else?

Example: I list an item at 60% off what a current, desirable  component sold for new, and I get an offer for half (or less) of what I am asking! I've have been buying and selling high end audio & video gear for over 40 years and I know the value of gear, but I have never experienced such an destructive trend. I expect it from Craigslst or at a garage sale, but not from Audiogon.

I understand an occasional low offer, and it's usually accompanied with an explanation or apology for the balz it takes to make such an offer, but I am getting absolutely offensive offers for more than 75% of what I list.  

Are there any other sellers that would like to commiserate with me? Am I missing something? Is it just me?

- REV
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xva6007
Low ballers are like telemarketers, there's always a chance, however slim, of success.    From my experience I just ignore them.
Some of us have been around since AG's inception in 1997. Some of were recruited from rec.audio usenet newsgroups to join this new forum "audiogon."The AG of old is long gone. For about 7-8 years we had a great run for both listing and buying gear. 

But whether it's craigs, the bay, or AG, "lowball" offers are commonplace. Everyone wants a steal. Getting bent out of shape with lowballer's is a waste of energy. If your skin is that thin, list a firm price on your item and leave it until it sells - or not. 
If you want to see lowball offers run a car for sale. I was getting offers of 40 percent what I was asking. And I don't just mean 1 or 2 low ballets. I was getting them everyday till I pulled the ad. Talk about a headache. 

I just sold a bunch of stuff this week. I countered low-ball offers with DECLINE and reasonable offers with counter offers.  I ended up with between 85% to 90% of my asking price for all items. 

I was was happy with outcome and it was rewarding not to waste time with low-ballers!

I do find much less of these annoying bottom feeders on the other audio sale sites. These boards are heavily modified, so do a little work and you can find them. Ads are still free, sort of like Audiogon of many moons ago.

Of course traffic is much lighter too, because many buyers only know of Audiogon and Fleabay.

Patience is a virtue, as a buyer and a seller. I only list on Audiogon if I need to sell something quickly. Normally, I prefer to use the other sites, and just take 3-4 months to sell it, as most of the inquiries are from real audiophiles, not Kmart blue light special shoppers.