Is it possible to be an audiophile and be happy with what you have

It seems like audiophiles are always looking to upgrade. From something as minor as a fuse to upgrading all their components. Music lovers on the other hand seem content with what equipment they have and just want to experience new music. So I ask you, can a audiophile just be happy with what they have? Or is that just not possible being an audiophile?

taters
OP-
much will be dependent upon how one approaches building the system.
Start out on a lower scale and move up the chain. Or, start at the top of the chain.
Yes. It's taken about 15 years of experimenting and a lot of time, money and negotiating with my wife, but my system is awesome. I often have goose bumps and am almost moved to tears at the sounds coming from it. I consider my setup a proper 2 channel system, listen mostly to vinyl for serious listening and although I bought almost everything used here on Agon, all new it would retail for close to 100k. I think my passion, dedication over 15 years and investment qualify me as an "audiophile"
There is almost always room for improvement on your sound, but some of the tweaks are ridiculous and some people "buy" right in to them.  If you're looking for a huge improvement in your sound, as most of us are, I would suggest concentrating on tuning your room.  You can have the best system, that money can buy, but if your room is lacking, you're wasting your money.