Best speakers for $3000

I'm looking to purchase a pair of towers 
I listen to mostly r&b soul rap and blurs/jazz I have a emotiva xpa 200 to power them 
trrevell
Whomever recommended the Living Voice speakers is spot on. For what you said is your amp and your listening preference, they should take care of things.

Truthfully, so could a pair of Reference 3A Grand Veenas or, rarer still, the Escalante Fremont.

FWIW, I own a pair of AZ Adagios, but have heard all the speakers listed above in my post, so no favorites here. The Adagios don’t have that juicy punch rap needs.
I really like my new ProAc Studio 148s.  Great imaging and very deep bass.  They take a while to break in. I worked out nice price with my dealer for new 148s in mahogany.  I am also using them with Soundocity SEV9 outriggers for greater stability.

Check my system details if you are curios...
As said by a fellow Audiogon-er in another one of these threads:

"If you are not willing to go out and listen to speakers that are in your price range then I think that you should keep what you have and convince yourself that you just bought them and they are wonderful.

Asking for recommendations from strangers who do not have your equipment, room or music is a great way to become an equipment collector. Basing your purchases on reviews is just as unwise. When's the last time you read a review that was unfavorable? Audiogon is full of classifieds from well-meaning so called audiophiles who continually "turn" equipment because they mostly buy without trying and read reviews. They listen to the component for a few months and move on. That is not the way to achieve bliss only frustration and a lot of wasted money. 

If you sincerely care about music and building a synergistic system you have to put in the time and travel to hear what gives you goosebumps, anything less is a crap-shoot."

bdp24 writes:"One problem with the LX521 is that it requires six channels of amplification---three stereo power amps. That nullifies it's low price."

Not at all.  The LX521 calls for 8 to 10 channels at 60wpc.  I run a 12 channel B&K AV1260 which meets that spec.  It retails for about $1200.  Linkwitz recommends an ATI amp that is also a 12 channel amp that retails at $1600 or so.  I see the B&K AV1260 amps going for $500 and less on EBay all the time.

So no.  The multi-amplification issue isn't a problem.  You're welcome to use more expensive amps, but it isn't necessary.