Is it possible to be an audiophile and be happy with what you have

It seems like audiophiles are always looking to upgrade. From something as minor as a fuse to upgrading all their components. Music lovers on the other hand seem content with what equipment they have and just want to experience new music. So I ask you, can a audiophile just be happy with what they have? Or is that just not possible being an audiophile?

taters
"..can a audiophile just be happy with what they have [sic]?"
Yes, so long as he has at least half a dozen cartridges, a like number of tonearms and turntables and at least two complete audio systems.  That's me, and I am happy as a clam.

Each person can only speak for themselves, but I personally find that as time goes by, I feel more satisfied with what I have, knowing that it is far from ultimate, but still effectively communicates music to me in an enjoyable way.

I still occasionally as budget permits, make well considered changes or refinements to (hopefully) improve the listening experience, but my former sense of urgency, and sometimes costly and senseless moves are in the past.

Very content right now with my system.  One major upgrade in recent years.  Would love to experiment more with different cables but I'm happy enough with the sound now that I realize it might be futile/pointless.  Probably will try to tweak a bit anyway down the road--and why not?