Tonearm recommendation

Hello all,
Recently procured a Feickert Blackbird w/ the Jelco 12 inch tonearm.
The table is really good, and its a keeper. The Jelco is also very good, but not as good as my Fidelity Research FR66s. So the Jelco will eventually hit Ebay, and the question remains do I keep the FR66s or sell that and buy something modern in the 5-6 K range. My only point of reference is my old JMW-10 on my Aries MK1, so I don't know how the FR66s would compare to a modern arm. So I'd like to rely on the collective knowledge and experience of this group for a recommendation.

Keep the FR66s, or go modern in the 5-6K range, say a Moerch DP8 or maybe an SME.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are of course much appreciated.

Cheers,      Crazy Bill
wrm0325
Hello Testpilot,
I am keeping the FR66s, and I do like my SF. But I'm always willing to try other things. I've got a Fully balanced op-amp kit from Twisted Pear in house that I'll be building w/ battery PS when I find the time to do that.

Got any recommendations on a different riaa. As long as I've got an audition period w/ return, I'll try anything reasonable.

thanks,                     Crazy Bill

Nandric
Dear Chris, You provoke me with your Slivovitz I provoke Stringreen with his violin. No disputes without provocation
and no intersting discussion without disputes. BTW what kind of (ex) Balkanese are you when you don’t
drink this stuff (aka ’’plum brandy’’) ?
Dear Nicola

I think you missed a few provokes here .. 8^0

regarding violins and your mention of the guitar and harmonies. My daughter plays piano and my son the acoustic guitar. They are both amazing instruments, but this violin that you described as anemic, shrill and shabby looking... has the power to make me fall to my knees and cry.

http://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/wpsite/sample-tracks/

listen to the Vitali Chaconne sample track - 7th from the bottom. 25 seconds in.

I guess it all depends on who is playing it and where on the chin it is being held ?

re; Slivovitch - you make it sound so sweet. Are we talking about the same thing?
the stuff I am talking about can clean out your veins. If I wasn’t enjoying the endorphins high from running, I would just not run and drink that colorless looking water instead. My knees are now my biggest liability. (Achilles Knees ?) Red Wine goes well in winter. Beer in summer.

sorry for off topic post Crazy Bill.
Dear stringree: Appreciated.

The ignorance in the people makes that when any one shows them something they are ignorant at once puts at defensive and if they can't understand it then go inside in a deep frustration like almost all the gentlemans here.
They have no real arguments other rthan express their deep frustration. Additional to that they are not willing to " hear "  and are so frustated because their high ignorance level on the subject that even fall in insults.

Other problem is that they want to beat me in the discussion and because they can't do it and never will and not because I'm right ( because I can be wrong. ) but because they don't understand the overall subject and have no arguments to " fight ".

Understand northing about even with facts and clear evidence that all of them are wrong with the CT0517 ( Chris. ) post where he made the comparison to find out those distortions through the master tape recording and he detected those distortions and not only him but the gentleman experience I posted and even Dgarretson did it it does not matters if he likes those " alive " distortions because I'm not talking here what we like but what is right, that's way diferent.

Again your post appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R. 
Well, Raul can certainly speak for himself.  Except I'm afraid when he does it sometimes throws more kindling on the fire.

So consider this, English is not his native language.  And to make matters worse I suspect he does not review his own posts closely so that typos or spell-check sometimes alters what I assume may be his intent.

I had the chance to meet Raul when he visited the US some years ago.  I found him to be a gracious and considerate person.  And obviously one with deep passion for music and the home reproduction of recorded examples.  This passion results in his having direct experience with more different audio components than most us have had or likely ever will have.

So you can read his comments/suggestions and take them to stimulate your own experiments, or dismiss them as you see fit.  There are posters here and on other sites who I simply skip over because I've learned we are too far apart in our perspectives that my reading would be of any value.  Maybe a few here could do that with Raul if that's how you feel.  Peace!

Raul,

You're trying to win an argument instead of making a recommendation or two.  That was the request of OP. It's all right to support what you say with technical information, but if the only way you can do that is by insulting others, you're not going to win the argument you started.

You seem to assume you're the only one who can hear (discern audio differences).  You assume too much. If I may suggest, discuss something like the amplitude of resonance and ways it can intermodulate and affect the sound, and refrain from saying you can hear it and someone else can't.  That last part is implied and saying it will only alienate others.

You seem all wound up and out to prove something. Why don't you give that TEA BS a rest, and lighten up?

Regards,