Glen Frey has passed ...

Just got an alert that Glenn Frey of the Eagles has passed at the age of 67 from complications of intestinal issues, rheumatoid arthritis, and pneumonia.  Another prominent musician of our youth (and later years) has passed on, such a shame ...

pmotz
Glen was a fantastic guy and a most capable musician but he was a founding member of the Eagles not THE Eagles!
As much as I agree here with all of you ( and perhaps in recent years the pain of several severe ailments) made him petty as to financial renumerations divided by the band as well as his dismissal of "former members" from sharing in the Kennedy Center Awards!
In my opinion he wasn't an icon... They ALL were as a band! Ultimately kharma can be unforgiving...

Terrible news. Crazy how we lost so many in their prime like Morrison, Hendrix, SRV, and Duane Allman, to name a few. Then for those who managed to stay alive, they live long, prosperous lives as musicians. I think their staying power amazing. I feel quite fortunate to have seen The Eagles perform.  RIP Glen.