What are you favorite artists and songs to listen to on your system?

So, I just read a post about listening to Rap on a hi end system and it got me thinking about what other people listen to on their hi quality setups.  I listen to a very broad range of music so I am curious to learn of some of your favorite artists/songs no matter what the genre.  The purpose for me is to learn of new music, no matter what the genre.  Please include a few brief details if it adds to the comment.  I will start with some of the music I am listening to this week.  Lastly, I am 46 and grew up in Denver, CO for any additional context to my tastes.

• Alicia Keys, If I ain't got you
  • Drake, Hold On, We're going home
  • Lang Lang, The Season, Op. 37a/X. October
  • Disclosure, Magnets
  • Cecile McLorin Savant, John Henry
  • Joanne Shaw Taylor, Bones
  • Itzhak Perlman, Tchaikovsky: violen concerto in D Major - numerous tracks
  • Tears for Fears, Woman in Chains
  • Nils Lofgren Band, Bass & Drum Intro
  • Daft Punk, Instant Crush
  • Christy Moore, Shine on You Crazy Diamond
  • NIN, Hurt - Trent Reznor has always placed high standards on his productions.  You may not like some of his lyrics or sounds but he is very creative.  He has won a Grammy and an Oscar more recently for movie scores. One of the original "industrial music" creators.
  • NIN, Into the Void - any "noise" you hear is intentional 
  • John Cash, Hurt - remake of NIN song
  • NIN, The "Perfect Drug" Single - will push your system's bass capability

128x128mmporsche
Of currently working artists, Iris Dement is at the top of my list. Long-time favorites also include (amongst many others) Brian Wilson (song writer par excellence), Dave Edmunds (Rock n’ Roll master), Hank Williams (Hillbilly genius), The Everly Brothers (the most exquisite two-part harmony of all-time), Buddy Miller (the best producer working today, and a great singer/guitarist/arranger as well), and of course Dylan (THE artist of our time, imo). In Classical, most of the Baroque composers (J.S. Bach above all others, of course); I love the chords, their sequence and structure , the melody, harmony, and counterpoint, and brisk pace of Baroque. Plus almost all Bluegrass, the Baroque of Pop!
bdp24, if you like bluegrass and Bach you must give a listen to PDQ Bach's "Cantata Blaues Gras"--it's a hoot and a holler.  Ach, jah!
It's a strange combination of factors, but my time in front of my main system has shrunk a lot.  A fair bit has been converted to practice time (mostly guitar, but a little piano, too).  Another factor is increased driving time with a split of rock n roll, news, and comedy comprising listening content on that front.  Also, more music is being consumed these days via the distributed system in my home to allow multi-tasking.

So, during the restricted time I have with the main system, it's been mostly jazz.  Lots of Duke Ellington, Miles, Coltrane, Coleman Hawkins, and other long term faves, but also more John Scofield, Grant Green, Bill Frissel, Bill Connors, etc for guitar inspiration.

I'd guess that the content of those sessions will continue to evolve going forward.

Marty, if you haven't already, give Danny Gatton a listen. He's a well-kept secret, a guitarists guitarist, Telecaster master.