Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I've been very impressed with most all of Bob's albums since Time out of mind, the exceptions being his latest and the Christmas album. Modern times is awesome. 
And don't overlook Love And Theft, the follow-up to Time Out of Mind. It too is a good one. Produced by Jack Frost (aka Bob himself).
I'm quite fond of 20th Century British composers and very much enjoy those who were composing in the second half of the century such as on the Lyrita LP (SRCS 57) to which I'm listening now:

Elizabeth Maconchy - Overture, Proud Thames
Geoffrey Bush - Music (1967) for Orchestra
Lennox Berkeley - Symphony No. 3
William Alwyn - Four Elizabethan Dances

Another wonderful Lyrita recording from 1972. London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by VERNON HANDLEY (Maconchy & Bush) and by LENNOX BERKELEY (Berkeley) and by WILLIAM ALWYN (Alwyn).

Probably not engineered by Kenneth Wilkinson as I can't find it in his discography along with other Lyritas, but still marvelously recorded by some other member of the Decca recording team (John Dunkerley, perhaps?). As Arthur Salvatore says in his list "One of the finest sounding Lyrita's, and it also has an excellent variety of music. All the compositions are short and imaginatively orchestrated." I completely agree.
bdp24772 posts01-01-2016 6:44amAnd don't overlook Love And Theft, the follow-up to Time Out of Mind. It too is a good one. Produced by Jack Frost (aka Bob himself).

I agree completely.  L&T is brilliant.

I see that Rolling Stone listed his new Sinatra album as #49 for 2015.
Tonight has been a variety of music by composers during the second half 20th Century. At the moment I'm listening to Chaves' "Toccata for Percussion Instruments" (1942) performed by the Percussion Museum and released on King Record KIJC 9207.

Next up on this same LP will be Takemitsu's Rain Tree (1981) for three percussionists.