Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Modern Times is without question one of Dylan’s best albums. In every way, lyrically, musically, voice, what have you.
geoffkaitt, it certainly is very good and I'll probably put it back to the TT again this weekend.
There was an interview somewhere with Bob's guitarist on the Time Out of Mind album, Duke Robillard. He was thrilled to work with Bob, but had a terrible time with producer Daniel Lanois. Duke was brought in after the recording of the album was already underway, Dylan being unhappy with Lanois' guitar playing (he was producing and playing). Lanois and Robillard butted heads constantly throughout the recording, much of Duke's guitar parts being left on the mixing room floor. Dylan had been listening to Buddy Holly in preparation for the album, but Lanois had a different vision for the album. Duke's a great player---that's why Dylan wanted him. Too bad Lanois didn't just let him play. Though Time Out of Mind won Bob a Grammy, I hate the production, which for me does not well serve the music. But then, I'm not a fan of Lanois' sound. 
I've been very impressed with most all of Bob's albums since Time out of mind, the exceptions being his latest and the Christmas album. Modern times is awesome. 
And don't overlook Love And Theft, the follow-up to Time Out of Mind. It too is a good one. Produced by Jack Frost (aka Bob himself).
I'm quite fond of 20th Century British composers and very much enjoy those who were composing in the second half of the century such as on the Lyrita LP (SRCS 57) to which I'm listening now:

Elizabeth Maconchy - Overture, Proud Thames
Geoffrey Bush - Music (1967) for Orchestra
Lennox Berkeley - Symphony No. 3
William Alwyn - Four Elizabethan Dances

Another wonderful Lyrita recording from 1972. London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by VERNON HANDLEY (Maconchy & Bush) and by LENNOX BERKELEY (Berkeley) and by WILLIAM ALWYN (Alwyn).

Probably not engineered by Kenneth Wilkinson as I can't find it in his discography along with other Lyritas, but still marvelously recorded by some other member of the Decca recording team (John Dunkerley, perhaps?). As Arthur Salvatore says in his list "One of the finest sounding Lyrita's, and it also has an excellent variety of music. All the compositions are short and imaginatively orchestrated." I completely agree.