DC Metro -- New

I would like to see what level of interest there is in re-starting a Washington-DC area Audio Society. F2Audio held a meeting in Falls Church last summer that was well attended. Unfortunately, the attendance list no longer exists. F2Audio is closing and being replaced by Command Performance AV (same owner Jeff). I am willing to host an upcoming meeting at our location in Falls Church. I am sure we could get a manufacturer to speak to us. I was thinking of having a meeting towards the end of Sept. What might be fun for an October meeting is to have mini-trip reports of what was cool at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

I am open to suggestions as to topics or if someone else would rather host. My goals are to 1) try to get the Society going and 2) this time keep it going.

If anyone is interested in a meeting please post here AND email me at [email protected] so that I can send updates to everyone via email.

-- Jeff
Ag insider logo xs@2xcommandav
UPDATE ON FEBRURAY MEETING GEAR AND AGENDA
Here is an update as to what Vinh Vu of Norvinz (http://www.norvinz.com/) will be bringing to the meeting:

1) Merrill-Scillia MS2 TT

2) Sanders ESL amp and line preamp, Sanders phono preamp

3) TBI new entry-level system

4) Innersound Isis with an active crossover/bass amp ( the old Isis was passive). As the new Sanders models 10a and 11a are still in production for second quarter release, he will not be able to bring either of those speakers. The 11a is based on Innersound Isis and according to Vinh, “You will get the essence of the sound but not quite the same speakers. There are two differences: the 11a will have a remote crossover amp with which you can adjust the mid range AND bass while the old Innersound does not have a remote and only has the bass control. The second difference is the looks, with the 11a having a modular construction with wood finish sides and laminated aluminum backs.” According to Vinh, “I think these are not major differences and if they like the Isis the 11a will only be better.”

5) Vibration demo w/ Gingko products. “The Gingko vibration demo will have 2 identical accelerometers mounted on the shelf and the platform to show the difference in vibration on and off the platform in real time.” If anyone has a VPI Scout or Scoutmaster and wants to bring it to the meeting, then Vinh will demonstrate the new Cloud Nine product. If you have a VPI and are willing to bring it, please email me at [email protected].

This should be a great meeting.

Jeff
Reminder: Next DC Club meeting is Saturday February 16th at 4 pm.
If anyone who plans to attending the meeting and as a VPI Scout or Scoutmaster that he/she is willing to bring to the meeting, please let me know. Vihn Vu has a new vibration platform for those turntables and will bring it if there is a turntable available.

Also, someone asked if they could bring alcohol (wine) to share. The answer is yes (except for moonshine) because Command Performance will not be providing liquor. At this meeting, I would like to see if people are willing to pay some nominal initial dues to cover food and drinks for future meetings.
Dear DC Area Audiophiles,

We have scheduled the next DC Club meeting for May 31st at 4 pm at Command Performance AV. New members are welcome. It is been a while since the last meeting, but this meeting will be well worth the wait.

Chris Sommovigo from Signals SuperFi will be our presenter. Chris will be demonstrating some of Signal SuperFi’s top products. Chris will be showing:

• German Physiks PQS-202 Mk. II in all carbon
• Vitus SS-101 amplifier
• Vitus SCD-010 CD player
• Stereovox cabling.

If people want to bring snacks / drinks to share, that would be great.

The address and contact info for Command Performance AV is below:
7105 Marbury Court
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-532-7239
[email protected]

-- Jeff
EXCITING UPDATE!!!

First a reminder…the Club meeting will be this Saturday May 31st. See the original meeting notice below.

Second, we have an added bonus! David Berning will be joining us and will be bringing his latest masterful creations.

ORIGINAL MEETING NOTICE.
We have scheduled the next DC Club meeting for May 31st at 4 pm at Command Performance AV. New members are always welcome. It is been a while since the last meeting, but this meeting will be well worth the wait.

Chris Sommovigo from Signals SuperFi will be our presenter. Chris will be demonstrating some of Signal SuperFi’s top products. Chris will be showing:

• German Physiks PQS-202 Mk. II in all carbon
• Vitus SS-101 amplifier
• Vitus SCD-010 CD player
• Stereovox cabling.

If people want to bring snacks / drinks to share, that would be great.

The address and contact info for Command Performance AV is below:
7105 Marbury Court
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-532-7239
www.commandav.com
[email protected]
Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in Rosslyn and would be interested in participating in DC Area audio club events.