Ayre Codex

Did someone have experienced with the Ayre Codex used as a DAC.
I like the QB9 dsd sound, but i used toslink connexion so a Codex could be good for me.
georgelfre
I have both Ayre units - QB9 DSD & Codex.

I find myself preferring the Codex.

rather long FB exchange w Charlie..i asked when R series DAC ?
 His reply was improvements to Codex will yield a killer 5 series DAC...inferred that it might already be better than Q series..
my read of it anyway..

I found the codex compelling.  It is more listenable then the QB 9, even lthough it's a little less analytical. It also has an optical in, which makes it more versatile. And when another compelling around machine appears in the upgrade cycle this will make a killer headphone amp and DAC for the office. 
Can’t wait to see what they come up with for a 5-series DAC. I tried the Codex as a DAC in my system (Vandersteen 3A Signature, Ayre AX-5 Twenty) and it sounded warmer than the Ayre C-5xeMP I normally use. However, it seemed like the soundstage wasn’t as wide or deep. As a headphone amp + DAC I feel it’s definitely top-shelf.
Hi all,

Can anyone with a Codex help me with a question?

When using as a preamp, does USB HID volume control work i.e. can you control the volume of the Codex itself from computer software such as iTunes, Audirvana, etc via USB? Especially anyone running OSX?

Thanks....