Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
It would be interesting to hear what Eminem might come up with in his golden years.   I hope he makes it there.
I often find what a favorite Artist of mine has to say about another Artist (or entire genre). In the 60's Bob Dylan said Smokey Robinson was our greatest living poet. Not long ago he expressed his approval of and interest in current Rap. Bob has always been far ahead of the curve, but in this case I'll just say he and I will have to agree to disagree. I was also "supposed" to like The Clash, and didn't.
Oops, my first sentence is incomplete. The last word was to be "interesting".