Best integrated up to $6000

Mostly listen to jazz tríos, quartets, acoustic music ( piano and guitar) and vocals. Thank you for your advice!
128x128erasto
In re ARC...I once owned a new ARC vsi55 & it was disappointing as it wasn't refined or resolving. Can't imagine the vsi60 is much different. Gutsy yes but not quite 20/20 vision. Always wanted to try a VAC avatar. The best sounding integrated I owned was the Cary SLI-80 F-1 which was really nice in triode but occasionally had tube or reliability issues. Once demoed a MAC 6900 locally & couldn't get it back to the store fast enough. good luck
"02-04-15: Pehare
In re ARC...I once owned a new ARC vsi55 & it was disappointing as it wasn't refined or resolving."

I would agree with that. They tried to do too much for too little money. Its hard to build a good tube preamp for what that thing sold for, let alone an integrated.

"02-02-15: Eljack
Didn't know any VAC was available anywhere near 6k, sweet"

If you don't need an integrated, the PA series amps come up every so often, for far less than 6k. And they're powerful enough to drive a good range of speakers.
I agree with Ghasley on the Mac 2275. I foolishly tried to downsize from a Mac MC 275 with an Aesthetix Calypso preamp to the Mac 2275 integrated. Big mistake... the MC 275 amp is a classic, but the 2275 integrated is softer and slower. Scores high on looks, but low on substance.
If you have a chance, take a listen to the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium or HP. I owned a MA 2275 it was good but I prefer the sound quality of the PL.