If you could bring back one great artist that has

departed our world who would it be? We have lost some incredibly talented artists, often under tragic circumstances. If it were possible to have an encore I would vote for Janis Joplin. You?
puerto
I see that Rolling Stone is listing their top ten all time guitar players - Jimi Hendrix is No. 1 but I still like Janis Joplin and Buddy Holly.
I'd like to make a comment about Jimmy. I do not consider him a best guitarist (many better before and after) but I admire raw power and explosiveness he delivered. I like HIS music, guitar playing, singing - whole package. Please do not classify him as guitarist. He was much more than that.
Jimi and Duke Ellington were the first two names to spring to mind, but I think I agree with the choice of Beethoven. His very late works were getting kind of strange (some critics I've seen have attributed some of that to possible hearing loss) in a very interesting way. Aside from being an immense talent, he was a guy who died while his art seemed poised to take "the next step".

Still like to have Jimi and the Duke back, tho.