how refined are your ears?

Category: Accessories

I am a fan of tenor singers and my favorite is Andrea Bocelli I was just given a copy of his new album from my friend at Universal but my fellow producer friend Devon says that his vocals are'nt as good as I think they are.
So please post your opinion here...
here is a link to his newest song. This is the song in question.
vsweet6959-04fd
If you want to know what great singing sounds like you need to listen to Jussi Bjorling, the GREAT Swedish tenor.
Period.
I'm going to submit for your consideration tenor Mark Padmore. He is well known for his his baroque works, but I also just love his recordings of the Schubert lieder with Paul Lewis. He has a unique way of saying more with less, if you catch my drift. To me, his Schubert has a rightness about it that can't be surpassed. They are lieder, not opera! See, now I've talked myself into cueing up Die Schone Mullerin.

Thanks Brownsfan.I'look into him as soon as the swelling in my head from my 110% correct predictions on Johnny Football
goes down enough to get through the bathroom door.
Schubert, I would be very interested in your reaction to Padmore's Schubert. He brings that which we now expect from Bachs passions to Schubert. Reactions have been mixed. As for JFF, it's not like it took a genius to see that train wreck coming.