Bryston BDP media server a good choice today?

Hi! Is the Bryston BDP media server a good buy today or would it better be to buy a DSD capable machine? In other words, what is the future of "digital music"?
tiofelon
i,m curious too, i just bought a BDP 1 a couple of months ago for 900 and I see quite few for sale also.

The Aurender N100H is also very interesting. Has anyone compared these two equally priced units by listening?
I have a BDP-1. Just upgraded it with new firmware (Manic Moose 2.20) with the great help from Chris at Bryston. The new version of the MPD (music player dameon) is the best I have heard on the BDP-1.

I hear they are now making the BDP-3. It has some advanced features not on the -2 or -1 series, and I think can play DSD files.

The -1 are for sale because of the introduction of the -3. If you don't care about DSD files and perhaps some other features, the -1 is a good deal.

Bryston is a fantastic company and their CS support is exemplary. Chris spent a few hours with me on the phone helping me update the firmware because my system is not internet connected, and we had to load some files manually. They continue to support the -1 models even with the -2 and -3 out. Chris designed the BDP series and it is very rare you get to speak with the product designer while they help you with an upgrade.