Rega RP10 vs. VPI Classic Signature

Has anyone been able to do a direct comparison between these 2 tables?

I have an RP10 and have always been curious about the Classic (having never owned a VPI). With the recent price drop on the Classic Signature I'm tempted to pick one up and run it side by side with the RP10.

The RP10 would be running an Apheta 2 cart. Not sure what I'd mount on the VPI. Perhaps an Ortolan Cadenza Bronze?

Happy Turkey Day!
roblanger
Rob - Why even consider the Rega? It just doesn't seem like a logical choice. Have you thought about getting a Classic Sig and adding a second arm / cart combo? That would give you variation. Maybe use a mono cart on the second arm.
Bpoletti - I already have the RP10 and got it at a time when I didn't feel like "tweaking" so I chose it over the VPI. Pricing on the Classic Sig is a bit more attractive now, so I'm making the jump. It may just turn out that the VPI trounces all over the Rega, but ...maybe not. No point in throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet!

I'll also be putting my Thorens 124/SME 3009 through a rebuild this year, so ultimately there will be a 3rd option.
Rega to a VPI is more of a change of taste rather than an upgrade. Check out funk firm turntables. I have heard them in action, they sound outstanding! They have the speed and agility of the Rega and soundstage lushness + bass of VPI. They look simple but they deliver at a very different level.
@roblanger 

Here we are 5 years later.....

What happened with the Classic Sig vs the RP10?

I am curious because I did a quick comparison recently of the VPI Prime 21 to my Rega RP6.  It seemed like a very close match and I chose to upgrade to the RP10.  I am loving it the RP10 both aesthetically and sonically.  

The brute/muscle car design of the VPI appealed to me in 2D but in 3D it was much less appealing.

I understand have always been one to associate weight with quality but after watching some videos of a Rega tour and Mr. Gandy....and listening to his products....you kind of have to concede that as a requirement.

Anywho....if you are still out there, let us know what happened and where you are today.

I am going to predict you have a Planar 10    : )

Dana