Rega RP10 vs. VPI Classic Signature

Has anyone been able to do a direct comparison between these 2 tables?

I have an RP10 and have always been curious about the Classic (having never owned a VPI). With the recent price drop on the Classic Signature I'm tempted to pick one up and run it side by side with the RP10.

The RP10 would be running an Apheta 2 cart. Not sure what I'd mount on the VPI. Perhaps an Ortolan Cadenza Bronze?

Happy Turkey Day!
roblanger
VPI could use a better cartridge. ...maybe a Black or Windfield or better. ...also check out the Prime...better arm and comparable turntable.
Thanks, Stingreen!

Definitely looking at going with the 3D arm on the Classic Sig.

Having used a Rondo Bronze in the past on a Technoarm, I'm fairly comfy going with another Ortofon. Have you had good results on the VPI with other carts?
I have a VPI Classic. Having played/modded a Rega P5 with good results,I'm sure the 10 is in another league.
After checking out what the Classic Sig has to offer, IMO the VPI would be my choice without even hearing it.
Since you are considering carts under 2.5k, I would include the Lyra Delos and Kiseki Blue. Another that seems to be under the radar is the Audio Technica ART9 and 7 for value at 1k. I am using the ART 9. The thread here on Agon represents the small cult following.
Unlike the Rega, the VPI can rise above its already great performance with dead accurate speed contol(SDS/Phoenix) options and others to take it to another level. Id be interested in seeing an RP10 with a Phoenix tach to see the speed accuracy. Also the VPI has arm adjustment parameters to take advantage of a super cart which Rega arguably doesn't.
Get a Soundsmith Counterintuitive to save yourself grief when setting up the cart for the VPI.
I'm aware the Rega is an entirely different table design compared to the VPI, but at this price point, at least It feels like(weight) you're getting something for your money!

I will be following this thread to read your thoughts on preference.
Happy Listening!
TJ: Thanks for the ART9 suggestion. That cart is definitely now on my radar. Have had luck in the past with the AT 155LC MM cart that was recommended to me by Raul.

Just ordered the Classic Sig. Easy to make an expensive mistake with MC carts so I'm still doing my research. Happy to hear about any more recommendations so keep 'em coming!