My Musical Fidelity amp died..What's next?

Hello and thanks for helping,

My MF integrated passed away, but it was time for an upgrade anyway... I listen to any kind of music through Maggies 1.7/Oppo sacd/ svc sub. Room is 18x12, I am looking at amps under 4k with lots of juice, integrated favored but space is not a problem..
bastanu
Bastanu, I'm sorry to read of the issue you have with the A300. I don't know where you are located, but it would seem to me that given the problem (transistors fried), that would be fixable by your local (and reputable) electronics repair shop. It would probably cost around $150, and even if you do upgrade to a new/better amp it may still be worth it. Just a thought. Also, while I'm not completely surprised the area rep isn't returning calls, have you talked to the dealer (your point of purchase)?
Bastanu, just curious about something else regarding your amp problem. Those Maggies you have, according to spec ar 86 db sensitivity and 4 ohm. Given that, I would venture to say they are power hungry indeed. And given that your A300 is rated at "only" 150 WPC, is it conceivable that you pushed the unit to hard? (i.e. ran it at near max or clipping levels)
Gdhal, the amp has been fixed before by a audio repair shop, now they said certain parts are needed and those are available just from the MF headquarters in England.. They have a ton of used and vintage gear, it seems like they know electronics, I 'll love to spend a little to repair it, those are still worth a good buck on the used market. I did not push Maggies hard, the room is rather small and blood will come out of my ears at max level( 200+ wpc @ 4 ohm) plus I have an other gear for partying loud...
Bastanu-

I have heard the Anthem 225 and it is very robust. So robust, in fact, it can drive a pair of Thiel CS 3.7 loudspeakers to concert levels (nice!).

Thiel is my reference and they "crave" high current.
Anthem or Pass Labs will provide you w/ the juice you need
for the Maggies. Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Thanks everybody,

I experienced Maggies driven by Pass Lab 250.5 and I was quite impressed. It kinda blows my budget if a pre is needed...I got yesterday in the mail the Hegel H300-used and so far I like it a lot..maybe it will be a keeper