Morrow Audio Cables

Hi,

I just purchased some cables from Morrow and wanted to post my opinion. Up until now I've switched in and out of speaker cables (nothing expensive, 200-400 dollars) and would hear a difference, but not so much better or worse - just different.

I was pretty skeptical but wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of my systems, so I gave them a shot.

My main system is an Anthem 225i, Musical Fidelity A5.5 CD player, and Usher CP 6311 speakers. I bought Ma4 interconnects and Sp4 speaker cables. The cables made my system come alive. Before now I was missing a fair amount of midrange apparently. Highs are beautiful but not harsh, lows seem rock solid. Before now I felt I was compromising with cables, music seemed clear but thin, or rich but a little veiled. Hope that makes sense. I'm not the scientific type, so I'm unsure if the interconnects or speaker cables made the difference. But I know this, I'm not screwing with it to find out.

I also bought 5 Ma1 interconnects to place between my adcom prepro and 5 channel Adcom amp. My Monitor Audio speakers sound awesome. I've never had as much seperation in my setup, especially in my rear channels. Being 53, I have been struggling with dialog from my center- now that I have switched to the Morrow, clarity is awesome and no issues with dialog.

The guys at Morrow were nice and did what they said. Morrow has a pretty good return policy, and are easy to work with. Hope this helps someone looking for cables. (I have no affiliation with Morrow, FYI.)

In my case it was a great investment.
uncledemp
Morrow Cable states on their website that their interconnect "cables require a total of 400-500 hours to completely break in." Is this the same with all other brand cables? If not, what is it about their cables that require such a long burn in process?
No, Morrow is the only one that I know of recommending such a long break in. Actually, I think there may be other brands that use silver plated copper, I don't know what they recommend.

At any rate, apparently that's the reason their cables need such a long break in. The silver copper combo needs time to get groovy with each other. I don't know for sure, but I've got 3 pairs of their IC's, and they did take time, and sounded sibilant and off at times in my system. But once they broke in, they've been quite good.

On my most recent cable I went with their burn in service, and it did help.
Thanks for all the responses. I am looking for thoughts on there Digital Cables. Thanks!
Well RSA, it looks like you've started a thread on that as well. Hopefully someone will have experience with those.

Morrow is having a black friday sale, 50% off on their used cables starting friday. I got excited about this until I checked their pricing. I can confirm that the "used" prices seem pretty high. I checked, and the used prices for MA2 and MA3 1 meter cables are the exact same price as the brand new cables.

The used prices are supposed to be something like 30% less than the brand new prices. So you are not getting a true 50% off, at least on the above cables I checked. I got turned off after I saw this, I don't know if all of the used cables are the exact same price as the new, but why play games with the customer like this?
I talked to Morrow on Wednesday and they were having a 35% off new cables. I was going to buy a Digital 2 but they wont except PayPal.$129.00 cable marked down to $87.00 . Not bad. I don't know how long the sale will last.