Which components knocked you out on first listen?

I've been listening to stereos since 1973 and I am still waiting to be truly knocked out by the sound of a component. I have sat in showrooms across the country and have been pleased by what I have heard but never truly blown away.
The closest I came was when I listened to a Meitner str-55 amp and VTL preamp a few years ago, sourced by a Linn Ikemi and Revel loudspeakers. However, I also have been moved by a
Apple computer cd drive, circa 1994 through a Creek 4040 and RA Lab speakers, estimated cost about $1,200; maybe more so than the Linn,Revel 10K system. How about you?
cody
I was at my friend Scotts house. He had MBL101's with all top Jadis gear. He had an air bearing turntable and arm with a moving coil cartridge(I wish I remembered the phono gear). All top end. I brought over Santana "Amigos" and listened to both sides. He let me crank it to a level that I liked(he was not as loud of a listener). I placed myself closer to the speakers than he so we can both have the sweet spot. Sometime during the track "Europa" I became emotional and started to cry.
Oneobgyn's system(a few years ago); Magnepan speakers with the old Rega Planar 3; Vandersteen speakers with the original Oracle turntable; some old Infinity speakers with a tweeter that looks like the old Ohm Walsh(this one grew on me); Linn Linto with an all Linn front end; Linn Lingo I on Mapleshade's isolation with triplepoints; Oriek's modified Dynaco Stereo 70; Oritek's preamp/dac in comparison to other top-line preamps; Lessloss power cord; Oritek's X-2 interconnect; APL's designer(Alex) home system's high frequencies which was matched by the high frequencies of Nordost's Odin wires and power conditioner; APL's mk111(?) silver interconnect; Klipsch Heresy speakers; Valab's silver interconnect(for price); APL's modified Denon 3910(the first decent digital that I heard. I still use the transport with a Lessloss power cord.); Oritek's battery-powered(one version)pre/dac on cd-the best, by far, cd I've ever heard; NAD 3020 with DCM Time Windows. Given the current state of reproduced music, don't take my early experiences as a buying guide.
Recently, when I switched back in the DNM Reson ICs in place of some others (MIT and Harmonic Tech), they surprisingly knocked me out with their tonal clarity and seeming coherence and have taken over my system since.

Massed strings on Magico mini's with good tube amplification almost floored me couple years back when I heard them.

Also recently, a pair of GOTO custom horns of some high end tube electronics and vinyl rig at Capital Audio Fest knocked out most everyone I encountered who heard them with various classical and jazz pieces played.

My current system setup overall mesmerizes me regularly, particularly with the OHMs, but it took a good bit of tweaking and refinement to get it there. If I allowed it to knock me out, I'd be dead and buried by now.
Klipsch LaScalla
McIntosh C32
McIntosh 6200
Krell 300
Wilson Watt 2
Wilson WAMM
Thiel CS 3.5
Thiel CS 3.7