Looking for integrated better than my Rogue Sphinx

I have owned a Rogue Sphinx integrated amp for two years (100RMS). I don't have any specific complaints about its performance except at times when played loud, it sounds like it is clipping and delivering more distortion than clean signal. The Rogue retailed at time of purchased for $1325.00 (remote cost $100 bucks more). I thought it wise to check around with members as to their opinions about a step up in sound quality from the Rogue integrated before starting any serious searches.

Most higher end integrated amps today are decked out like cuckoo clocks and so this might be tough one. I have read a lot of good things about the Hegal integrated amps, but don't need a DAC unless it is going to be superior to the one in my Ayre CX-7emp CD player. In addition, I have no interest in computer audio and many of the accessory features of the newer amps will be useless to me.

However, I will need an MM phono stage, and will miss the one in the Rogue which is first rate.

Is it worth while to take a look at some of the older, highly praised integrateds, like Sim-Moon series of 7 years ago, or Krell, Vincent, Musical Fidelity, and possibly Conrad Johnson. CJ offered an integrated amp about 10 years ago and tagged it at $6500. It was rated 200RMS, but had no inboard phono stage It got excellent reviews at the time, though never took the market by storm ( probably because of its price tag in a depressed market) .

Having more power than 100RMS would be nice, but not a priority. My speakers are (newly acquired) Golden Ear Technology Model 7; so far, an extraordinary sounding speaker considering its price of $1400 per pair. Thanks to all
sunnyjim
What are you looking to improve upon over what the Sphinx does now other than power, and what aspects of sound reproduction are most important to you?
To Mr M. One of the two Rogue Pharoahs had pre-amp or output stage tubes changed. I believe the the seller is the second owner, and praised the sound improvement, I guess he previously heard the standard version. I am not sure who made the tubes, but I believe they were purchased at Upland Stereo in California. He did not go into details of how the sound was changed.

Some member recommended a similar tube roll for the Sphinx which I never got around to doing. For the record, the Sphinx and Pharaoh use the same phono circuits, and same design of the headphone amp. The remote is the same also. So basically, only increase in power distinguishes the two, though I have been informed that much better parts are used in the Pharoah over the Sphinx As far as those additional inputs and processor loops I could care less

To Soix, see the above; I guess; more power usually is a plus, and could make "X" amount of difference in sound quality. However, even with a healthy resale return on the Sphinx, I would still have to put in about $1100-1400 more from either of the available Pharoahs currently on sale on AG, plus another $70-$100 for shipping I am looking to achieve with more power to get a fuller sound from my current speakers, GET's

7. Another members Dweller, claims he recommended the BAT 300SE integrated several times to me, also suggested to have the cap upgrade done. I don't recall either. Unfortunately, used 300SE's come few and far between, and usually command $3000-3400 at resale Also,I have no idea what the "cap" upgrade would cost, but it will not be cheap. Plus, tube replacements could be expensive.

To Austinbob, the Luxman 505U is a beautiful looking integrated, but I always associated Japanese designed and manufactured electronics as clean, accurate but bright, etched sound, and canned. I am probably wrong, but I have owned a few Luxman amps over the years, however, not expensive ones, Thanks again to all
Check out Luxman. The amps have built in phone stages and headphone amp. Music Direct has a 30 day return policy.
If it's just more power and finesse you seek there is the bigger Rogue Pharoah.
It should be noted that Luxman have been bought out by a Chinese company & manufacturing of all their lines has returned to China. Personally, I don't have much faith in the motivation and skill of a worker who is probably earning $5AUD an hour in a market not known for manufacturing high end audio equipment. What you need to understand is, Chinese companies primarily buy established audio brands to make money, not for the passion of designing and building great audio products.