Danish loudspeakers: Dynaudio & System Audio

Recently, I've auditioned a pairs of Dynaudio Focus 110, I'm pretty impressed with the sound, but if I choose to buy the Focus 160, I'm a bit worry on the bass resonance problem due to rear ported design, some Dynaudio users report such problem too. I'm living in a medium room, where space is very limited, thus I'm considering to audition a pairs of System Audio Mantra 5, same Danish loudspeaker design, seem well regarded from some of the feedbacks, though I have to contact them to check whether any audition available in Malaysia, from the Website I'm able to search out a location though. Anybody heard of the System Audio speakers, any opinions or impressions how it sound?
128x128wim1983
To minimize low frequency reflections, which will be heard as a thickening of the sound, the loudspeaker models can be adapted to the room’s acoustic character by using foam plugs in the bass reflex port.

Yes, that does help in certain situations. If you are getting bass boom in very low frequencies, use the plug. At a higher bass frequency, and I'm just guessing above 60Hz, when using the plug the speakers will not sound as open. I think it's better to use bass traps or some acoustic treatment.

As for reflections causing a thickening of the sound, and I think we all have experienced this when setting up a room, the answer is to treat the room and/or move the spkrs further from the walls.

There are other speaker manufacturers who use port plugs, or at least recommend stuffing foam rubber in the port. I played with the plugs on my PSB Synchronys and they ruined the sound of Classical music, but were very effective on heavy Rock basslines. And I was also using room treatments.
2 weeks ago we went to an audio show. They also use Dynaudio focus speakers. They also had a hummm problem in the room with the low freq. You need to understand that the main reason is the slow response of the drivers.
11-12-15: Wim1983
@Phusis: The price of SCM SCM19v2 is out of my budget, ATC SCM19 closer to my budget, but I'm not convinced what are the special about these 2 versions? sparkling high with more air without sounding harsh? I thought ATC speakers sound on high freq. is not quite their strength? Not? Even for bass I've bit concert if it will be too shy for sealed cabinet design, hmm...

Although I like the active version of SCM19 (ASL20) even better, it's the midrange and what ties so neatly together around it that had me particularly interested in this speaker; it's very insightful, dynamic, and rather authentic sounding. To me high frequencies leave higher marks when well-integrated, unforced, and not drawing attention to themselves compared to a more distinct, "impressive-sounding" nature. The previous ATC's (prior to incorporating their own iteration of tweeters) may not have been the last word in ultimate resolution in these very upper regions, but I felt they completed the whole satisfyingly. Concerning the bass of the ATC's I find the same essentially holds true as with the tweeters: it's well-integrated into the mids, and has an agile, clean, and muscular imprinting. To some ATC speakers may sport a slightly closed-in top end and bordering an anemic bottom section. If it has any bearing to it I find them to be more natural this way compared to a lot else with "perfume" wrapped around it, and it's something that leaves the mids to really shine through that more effectively. It's not only about the midrange, but many factors can detract from the qualities found herein, and prevent a coherent presentation.

Hopefully you'll end up being inspired by some of the posts here - only you can decide.
I have heard and owned many of the higher dynaudio models. Sure their tweeters are nice. When I listened to ATC though it was an ear opener. It remains one of the most natural sounding conventional speaker. You do not feel like dissecting bass and treble when atc is playing. It plays like one driver which is a huge achievement. It is way more dynamic than even the dynaudio confidence series speakers. All this talk about tweeter and bass quality is irrelevant until you hear it. Though it is sealed box it has terrific and authentic low frequency presentation. Not the typical one note boom. And yes PMC though seems to be in the similar game, it actually is not. It is a lot more colored than the ATC. By the way I have moved on now to horn speakers else ATC remains my favourite.