Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
Bdp24, do you recall who was with the Beach Boys? They often had great openers.
Yep, I do. It was a local Surf Band from Santa Cruz (just over the mountains from San Jose) named The Tikis. They were outfitted in matching suits, the pants of which were cut off at the knees, making shorts! A few years later they had changed their music, look, and band name, to Harpers Bizarre.
Lorin Maazel conducted Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at Carnegie Hall performing Brahms Symphony No. 3 in 1991.

Maazel was dancing on the podium. He was such an energetic figure. It was my first personal experience to attend concert of Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra live as well.
Pink Floyd doing Dark side of the moon at Olympia Auditorium in Detroit. I believe the year was 1973.
The Almond Brothers Band in 1973 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, PA.

It was a superb summer evening with the retractable dome roof wide open in a genuine party setting... with bright sunshine streaming into the arena and everyone grooving to some fantastic music.

Only problem was my buddies and myself ended up in a fist fight with some drunken older yahoos who decided that we were not to their liken. Long story short...they were ejected from the concert.

Ah! Those were the days... Wine,woman,music and an occasional fist fight.

Great thread...carry on.