The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I have heard many of the greatest speakers from the early 50's to the present. Different people have different sonic priorities. Without going into specific attributes (which I could easily do) my bottom line is measured by the degree of emotional connectedness I feel with the true beauty the composer intends (e.g. Vivaldi's Gloria, Mozart's Regina Coeli, Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Amanda McBroom's version of The Rose, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, etc.). The Muraudio speakers out of Canada convince my brain that it is hearing reality like no other speaker I have ever listened to and commands my brain to pay close attention. These speakers also command my brain to forget analyzing and to just experience the thrill of great music. I'd be curious to hear the reaction of others on this forum after experiencing this game-changing product.
The Muraudio electrostatic array speakers are a current product which I believe were developed within the last couple of years. They're made in Canada and sold in the US, and have been on display at recent audio shows including AXPONA 2015. Their sound quality is very unique and I found them to be quite impressive and captivating. Unfortunately for most of us they sell for $63,000 (passive version) and are reviewed in The Absolute Sound issue 258, December 2015. The reviewer concluded that he would buy them if he could afford them. http://www.muraudio.com
From what I heard at Axpona this year, the Muraudio speakers would be on my very short list if I had the funds and a room of the proper size for them. They were outstanding and a must hear if you are shopping in that kind of price range.
i am assuming that this thread pertains to those speakers we've OWNED, not simply auditioned so...within my budget I'd have to say that my Thiel CS 3.5's have been my reference pair when comparing.  I'm also a big fan of Von Schweikert, currently enjoying the VR2's mated to an MC275 amplifier.  I consider Thiels to be Maggies with bass; the mids and the highs are etched beautifully always making me listen to just one more recording.  Bang for the buck?  If you can find a decent pair of Meadowlark Kestrel or Nighthawks you'll be fortunate.  Fun thread!