Rowland's new integrated amp

Just look at this monster. Does any of you want it? I think, Jeff is now catering to a..hmm..new kind of audiophile. No wonder some people chase his older designs and couldn't care less for this digital age devices.
Unless I want to blow someone's brains out with soundwaves, which is unlikely, I don't need it.
http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/us/daemon-integrated.html
inna
I used to sell hifi gear at a shop where we demoed and a/b compared 5-6 full lines of amps and receivers from 15 w/ch to 120w/ch.

Guess what? The more powerful models in the line the speakers could handle were always preferred with most any good recording at even modest volume.

Move forward many years now and now we have powerful very high quality amps (that are often physically much smaller per watt than in the past) and bigger better quality speakers capable of going loud and dynamic much better than ever as well. That's progress! How much one needs in their room in their case, well of course that all still depends.
Inefficient speakers in a big room played at high volume on well recorded dynamic
peaks can use incredible amounts of power. I would love one if I could afford one...I
suspect they don't expect to sell too many...from some of the room and system
descriptions on this site there might be a good market for this product...
With the right speakers capable of handling the power in the right room I'd bet this piece is unbeatable at most any price.
Johd, that's my point. Almost no-one needs it. And then why not 10000 watts?
Yeah, I suspect that Jeff is selling his own former achievements by the pound nowadays. That's his business. Still, this upsets me, he used to be one of the handful of great American amp designers.