clearaudio turntables vs vpi

I am getting to the point where it is time to upgrade. I currently have a VPI scout. Should I stay with VPI or move on to others such as clearaudio. The performance and ovation have garnered my interest. I have had some people tell me that they are very synergistic with Benz micro. I have a ref s and glider cartridges. I have had some tell me that I still have not really "heard"my catridges as of yet. Looking for your thoughts on a final table between 3000 and 7000 as this what I can afford
tzh21y
I moved to an Oracle Audio Paris and I am quite happy. No vibration, speed dead on (at least with Turbo PSU), and an integrated dustcover. I'm less enamored of the re-badged Pro-ject tonearm, but mostly because it is fiddly to set up; The results are very good. Cartridge is the same Ortofon Rondo Bronze I used on the Scout.

I have to say a significant upgrade to the Scout.
HI Tzh21y

At up to $7k (I am assuming new price), you are spoiled for choice - there are some fantastic tables out there that could well outperform the scout. You can get a fully tricked out VPI Classic Mk 3 with tonearm, which is a really solid table. You could also swing an SME 10, which might be the last table you ever need. There is even a dealer demo Scheu Analog Laufwerk One with arm on the 'gon now in your price range, which is a really good buy, and also could be an end of the road table for you. Or if you consider used and want to go crazy, someone is selling a Technics Sp-10 Mk-3 right now for $7.5k - if you get that table, you have hit audio nirvana - it will compete with absolutely anything out there.

I don't have much experience with the Clearaudio Ovation, so hesitate to comment on it. I would only note that the Master Reference seemed well worth the extra $$ to me.

Best of luck in your search.

I have read some threads and some say that a Linn lp12 is better than an SME? Really? There is one on eBay for 600.00.
Linn has never manufactured any turntable, regardless of how much modification, that is in the same league as a current VPI or Clearaudio table in the $3,000 or above range. Nothing at all. Not even close. Way too much coloration.
Not only does VPI make a great turntable, but it also has great customer support and very high trade value. ..seems like a no brainer.