why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
Pretty sure Mapman might be just a touch deaf with such an attitude: The only real difference between cables is the price. That's gold, Jerry, gold!
Taters, what you said may imply to most brands of cable's, not taralabs!,I tell you what, let's get in touch with each other and allow me to expose new insight with your beliefs of some cables, are you game? , email me, happy listening.
Using the analogy of exotic sports cars to audio cables does not make much sense to me . A super car will appreciate in value . The value can be seen .Open the doors , the hood .It is all visible . It does not take a rocket scientist to see the materials used . cables on the other hand ....