why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
On my system I started out with DIY and inexpensive cables ($50-$100), but was never really completely satisfied with any of them so I decided to try more expensive ones ($300-$500) and did hear improvements. However, it was not unitl I hit the ($900-$1,000+) range did I become completely satisfied with their sound. And since I am completely satisfied at this level I feel no urge to up the ante. If anyone out there is curious I'd suggest finding cables which retail for twice the cost of your current ones and try to get a trial on YOUR system, or purchase used to try for least risk. You might be surprised. I was.
Lol!, I don't live in a trailer or push a mower for a living, wow!, that's some crazy post there, mmm, as a matter of fact, those that said that, lol!, don't even know me, much less, talked to me on the phone.
Hi mikelavigne, great post!, thankyou for your honesty, I have the Taralabs zero gold and omega gold, and Cobalt power cord, 3rd cable down from yours, excellent cable's, I'm happy with them, however, I soon may be taking the plunge into the Evolution cables my self! , might listen to the new sp Evolution line that just got introduced, cheers.

OK! I believe brother!
"why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable"
Because those people are really, really stupid!
Can I get an Amen?

Now let's move on.