Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
I've heard a lot of word about the Bybee Quantum Signal enhancers and if you install 10 + within your system($1000ish) it would take it to greater levels. I'm awaiting for some to be available. Even your tv will benefit from them.........
I too would like to add my very delighted feedback of Michael Spallone's SR MPC mod magic. Long time Agoner and enthusiast and can say that by far this mod has been my best and most cost effective tweak in my system over my 30yrs in this hobby. Based on the feedback from this forum, I sent Michael all (4) of my MPCs (for my SR ICs, PCs and speaker cables). Michael readily communicates and was a joy to deal with, very consultative & knowledgeable and turnaround was fast. I have had the modded MPCs in my system for a little over a month and I am more impressed every time I sit down for a listening session. The biggest impact is in a much blacker background which seems to allow the delicate details to emerge producing more air, separation, a deeper wider sound stage, more dynamics and overall a more 3d sound. My speakers disappeared. I am happy to recommend Michael's mods to any SR user...it did wonders for my Krell KCT & FPB300c, Cary 306/200, AAD 7001 setup.
Thanks Colin for all the kind words. You should know that Colin is the first that has experienced my latest SR MPC Ver. 2 mod. I have changed the rectifier high speed diodes and the electrolytic cap, and as needed, bypassed it with a .1 or .01uf  polypropylene cap. I am now able to do away with the circuit board, and hard wire the components because of the now much smaller size of them.
 The sound is so much more transparent, with unbelievable air and decay, and with a wide open sound stage that now just explodes with unreal width and depth. It is so much better than my original SR MPC mod which was designed to be a great improvement over stock SR MPCs while sometimes approaching the performance of an SR Galileo MPC in some systems, that it is laughable! But such is progress.
 My new Ver. 2 mod is in another league altogether, now not only bettering the performance of my original MPC mod but now far exceeds those of a SR Galileo MPC as well.
Just chiming in on this thread and am happy to add my experience. Based on a comment in my system description I sent Michael two of my old dual lead MPCs to mid to Ver.2. They are on my two PowerCells and surplus as I'd already changed them out to Galileo MPCs.

Having gotten them back (super fast by the way!) I am very pleased to say that they represent a nice upgrade even on the Galileo. My system is finely tuned so changes such as the addition or removal of one HFT are pretty apparent. In this context the MPC Ver.2 go a good step towards making the system even more natural and open --  

sounds are more natural and integrated and it is easier to her each instrument in its own acoustic (case in point “All I Want” track 2 on Tierney Sutton “After Blue”, untangling the bass from the vocal is what this track is all about, ideally the bass should be well separated in space from Tierney's vocal, and the vocal itself should have uniform echo into each corner of the room (a really hard trick to pull off if your room treatment is not ideal)) -- the MPC upgrades made a good improvement in this regard

I'll now be sending six more Galileo MPCs to Michael for his work and will report on the cumulative effect