Top Ten Tuners of all Time??

To start this thread I vote for the Yamaha T 1. At its price performance,little to touch it period. Whats your vote?
ferrari
To answer Talmadge3's question about the Yamaha TX-950, i think that it is lacking in the sonics department. I am not passing judgement blindly, as i currently have one in my HT system. While it is LOADED with usefull features ( except a remote !!! ), the sound is not up to all the ravings. Treble is somewhat hard sounding with a lack of detail and smoothness. I also don't achieve the soundstage that i get out of other tuners ( Quad, Musical Fidelity, Magnum, etc.. ). I would have to say that compared to many of the other "mid-priced" tuners on the market, it is probably amongst the cream of the crop. It just doesn't stack up against some of the better, though still relatively inexpensive, tuners on the market. For those on a budget, the Quad FM4 and Musical Fidelity tuners are quite excellent as long as you can provide a decent antenna to them. While not the best on sensitivity, both provide very good sonics if the broadcast is up to the task. Sean >
Don't forget the Sansui Tu-X1,Kenwood kt-917, L-07 and the kt-8300.Luxman made some good tuners. analog tuners are the best!
Well, you all know I want to stay out of this, and never get into discussion groups. But......everything i have read here tonight by all of you holds alot of merit. In looking at the list of tuners mentioned as well as the comments......outstanding opinions guys! My vote for the single best tuner that money can buy ( I don't care for the Etude ) is the MD108. Trying different tubes will satify anyone to the point of making most tuners as exciting as "cold toast". Got to love the 10B and the Sequerra, but for todays tuners and service to go along with all the use I put mine through ( 16+ hours a day)....the MD108 is the KING. Price??? ouch!!! Don't be afraid to ck out the MD102 as an alternative. My top 10 list would have most ALL the tuners you all have mentioned. Accuphase T100, Yamaha CT-7000 get a big salute in solid state analog tuners and with that, I will shut up. Could go on way too long. Nice input you tuner freaks "the tuner guy"
I do not have much experience with tuners. I had one in my first Technics "rack" stereo years ago; actually I still have that tuner, my neighbor uses it. I decided a couple of months ago to look into a tuner again, I bought an old Sansui TU-717 to see if I would enjoy using a tuner, which I did. After researching things, I bought the Fanfare FT-1A. Again, I do ot have a lot of knowledge about tuners, but I will give a plug and say I think the Fanfare is a great tuner.
I agree with the post that the Yamaha TX-950 is not great in the sonics department. Any Onkyo Integra (ie, other than the T9090II) sounds better than the TX950.