Proac D-30R

I recently had a chance to listen to a Proac D-48R and
the D-20R. Both put on a good show at their respective
price range. The D-48R is too big for my room (and wallet)
whereas the D-20R would be a better fit However the D-30R
is also an option. Has anyone had a chance to compare
the D-20R to the D-30R? Did you feel the price difference
was justifiable?
cmach
Cmach,

I certainly will, and I'm anxious to hear about your experience with the 30R. Do you know what you'll use to power it? What I heard with the ARC VSi60 in Dallas was beautiful, but I might ask to hear a few others amps as well.
Wow Amaglioc, you really have listened to a range of speakers - different price brackets. So among those speakers, you think you like ProAcs the best? There was someone here on audiogon selling his ProAcs because he felt the bass was an issue. I strongly felt that it could be either the component matching issue or probably speaker placement issue because I have not read about ProAc owners complaining about bass. Do you have a chance to listen to PMCs in that same range?
Amaglioc,

When I auditioned the D-20R and D-48R I brought my Manley
Snappers along. I thought they had excellent synergy together and was a big part of the decision to go with
the Proac's.
I have a pair of Proac D-40r and I am using Quicksilver V-4 amplifiers to power them with great results.
Milpai,

I haven't made a final decision yet, but as of this morning--haha--the D30R remains the speaker to which I experienced the strongest reaction. Yesterday's auditions were a mixed bag. I was temporarily disoriented by a sharp price reduction in the 803d2 and 804d2 (because of d3's waiting in the wings). Ultimately I didn't respond to the sound enough to care about the price reduction. Then, the Paradigm 95f I heard at Starpower Dallas had a blown driver! (The imaging was stil superb)

I think I'll go to a different store and listen to the Paradigm and the Revel F208 again. It was too easy to dismiss them given their reputation and I suspect it was a combo of ear fatigue and the atrocious conditions of the showroom.

I added the Vandersteen Treo to the list (conveniently available in the same store as the ProAc), and then I will stop. I haven't heard PMC, no. Perhaps one more to sneak on the list? At some point you have to stop, right?

About bass response. My reaction was the bass sounded recessed and perhaps uneven on the Response D20R, but that was not a problem at all on the D30R. My notes say it was crisp and assertive and tonally satisfying.

Thank you, Cmach and Jperry, for the amp recommendations. It's been fun thinking of what electronics best suit the various speakers!