Tone arm upgrade

I'm currently using a Rega RB300 modded tonearm ( aftermarket wiring harness and counterweight). I'd like to consider a step up, have been keeping my eye open for a good condition used Linn Itok arm. Is this the right path or in the $1~$2k price range is I there another good alternative?
128x128davide256
A Basis Vector tonearm has the same mounting distance and will drop in the same mounting hole if your Rega is a single hole mount. It will be a very significant upgrade from your Rega tonearm. you will not be disappointed. They occasionally show up used.
Appreciate all the comments, its been a while since I've had motivation to shop tonearms. Where I know the Rega fails is in arm resonance versus an Ittok, looking for better resonance damping. I'm quite happy with the Musical Phonomena II+ phono pre feeding Microzotl as pre, but can hear some loss of clarity on massed instruments with LP that I don't experience with digital playback.
For that budget you can get a used Graham, which will beat most anything in that price range.
For that budget you can get a used Graham, which will beat most anything in that price range.
And you know this how.......?
Agree with Jperry about the Basis Vector. I could not believe the sound improvement over my Rega 300 and Hadcock 228. For me though it was the most logical move since I have a Basis TT. But WOW!