For Basis TT owners does the VPI SDS work?

I was wondering if anyone has used the VPI SDS power conditioner/speed regulator for their Basis turntable? The Basis Synchro thing is very expensive!

thanks for any input.

Das
128x128das
Anyone know whether the Clearaudio Syncro Power Generator works with Basis 2200 Signature Turntable Motor?

Thanks !
I've heard that the Walker works well with Basis, but I haven't bothered to try one. Not too expensive, especially compared to the Basis model.
I had the VPI SDS and it worked fine but after trying the PS300 from PS Audio I sold it and still use it today. I feel the 300 sounds much better. It adjusts both voltage and frequency and is better for an AC motor. If you can get one used upgrade it to miltiwave2 and shut off mutliwave as AC motors will burn out with more than 1 frequency.
The other thing I found was my older Meridian DVD player sounds better with both 60/100hz.

Jumping in on a thread that's over a decade old, but thought I'd add my $.02 on my experience using the VPI SDS with my Basis 2001, in case others find it helpful.

I have the old, analog SDS with the separate 33 and 45 dials up front, and the voltage adjustment knob around back. I find the benefit of using the SDS with my Basis table is two-fold: One is the stability I get with the AC fed to the motor - I know my wall AC voltage fluctuates (esp. between daytime and nighttime hours), but the AC the Basis motor sees from the SDS doesn't fluctuate AT ALL. Results in noticeably better pitch stability (which is especially noticeable on piano recordings like Bill Evans or Philips Glass's Solo Piano lp). Second benefit is more about convenience - quick speed changes with the flip of a switch on the SDS versus manually putting the belt on another section of the pulley. I never tried the Walker, and never felt the need to experiment with other turntable power supplies, such were my positive experiences with the VPI. And having had the SDS in the chain, I can't imagine using this table without it.

FWIW, I keep the SDS "On" at all times, and turn the table on and off using the switch on the motor. Avoids any warm-up delay when turning things on and off via the SDS's power switch.

Two random notes:

1) I sprung for their Revolution belt, which I was somewhat skeptical about given the price, but I must say it was worth the extra $$. Basis obviously applied their exacting engineering and machining to the manufacturing of this belt, and you have to look at the table in just the right light to even be able to tell it's powered on and the belt and platter are moving. Makes a noticeable contribution to the rock solid stability of the sound I get from my 2001.

2) It's sad to realize AJ Conti was still with us when this thread was started, and he's long gone now. I had a long easy conversation with him once when I called the company with some newbie questions years ago, and he was a very warm and engaging guy -- happy to discuss all things analog me, with nary a hint of trying to sell me on anything in particular (though it was abundantly clear he took great pride in the equipment he designed, built and sold).