Diminishing hearing ability?

I believe my biggest challenge in pursuing a great listening experience is my diminishing hearing ability. I have assembled a $50k system through Audiogon (for about $30k) that should knock my socks off. Once and a while it does but most of the time is less enjoyable than my first "higher end" $5k system 30 years ago.

Just had to remark because it's rather frustrating at times. Not that my hearing is that bad, it's just not what it had once been.

I suppose we're all challenged by this to varying degrees. Hmmm, anyone ever have an "ear tune-up" (short of a hearing aid)? May be the best tweak of all!!!

rbschauman
Rhljazz and Dweller,

Though my hearing is diminishing a bit I hear you! Both of your responses are aimed at means to reinvigorate the experience - change up. And it is the good experience had that's more important than having that ability to so perfectly discern! Perspective check - thanks!
Anyone can remove their earwax by instilling Debrox drops or a generic into each ear for several days and then irrigating with a bulb syringe full of lukewarm water. This is an easier process if done every 10-12 weeks, before there is a wax impaction. You can always have clear ear canals--there is no need to go in for this if your ear canals and tympanic membranes are otherwise normal.