Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Three more... Coil's Black Light District "Refusal of Leave to Land" Legendary Pink Dot's "Sterre" Benjamin Lew's "Et tout est parti de la"
Ejlif interesting choices, 99.9% of people here don't know who Coil is (or Pink Dots) But since I hung out at Wax Trax in Chicago, the industrial music center of the USA, I had some Coil records and LPD
Please don't miss Wagner's "Prelude to Act 1" of both "Parsifal" and "Lohengrin" operas. R Vaughn Williams' "Fantasia on a Theme By Thomas Tallis." And, for a twist, try Lyle Lovett on "She's Already Made Up Her Mind" found on the Joshua Judges Ruth album. Thanks for all the good feedback on this excellent post!
I made a post early in this thread, and it's been very interesting to watch the additions. I have a few additional individual pieces or songs that clearly belong in the "achingly beautiful" category: 1. Nina Simone's song in tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, which I think was titled "The King of Peace Is Dead". 2. Mark Murphy's rendition of "Ballad of the Sad Young Men" from his album "Murphy Sings Kerouac", dedicated to Jack Kerouac. 3. John Coltrane's rendition of his song "Alabama", dedicated to the 4 girls killed in the bombing of the church in Montgomery, and his song "Naima", dedicated to his wife. 4. Most of Bill Evans' ballad performances. 5. Much of Joan Baez's early work. 6. Recordings of Billie Holiday with Lester Young and/or Ben Webster.
Sdcampbell Just listened last night to "The King of Peace Is Dead" by Nina. First time in many years. What a concidence you mention it. It is a heartfelt performance to be sure.