How much am I missing with SL1200 mk2?

Hi everybody,

Hope you are enjoying your Labor Day Weekend.

My system is:

Anthem 225i (using phono pre in rec)
Musical Fidelity A5.5 CD player
Usher CP 6311 speakers
Clean SL mk2 with AT cartridge 120e

How much am I missing with my SL opposed to a $1000-$1500 including cartridge more modern setup like Rega RP3, entry Clearaudio, VPI, etc?

I'm pretty happy with the current setup but have been told I am giving up a lot with the SL.

Your opinions are appreciated, just curious.

Thanks in advance,

Gary
uncledemp
Chakster,

Sorry, I was mistaken on the Isonoe. I already have 'half' of another isolation product. I'm going to buy the other half.

Regarding the mat, I intend to buy an aftermarket mat that has been recommended. The mat can be returned if it doesn't satisfy.

I tend to agree with you to an extent on the SL1200. It's probably not the pinnacle of vinyl reproduction, but it satisfies me for the most part. Enough that I don't mind spending a few bucks to 'enhance' it a bit- especially when I can use most of the parts elsewhere in my kit if/when I replace the SL.

Hey guys, was just thinking-

There's a guy reading this thread wondering why we don't spend 5k and get a modern state of the art turntable. But there is a guy reading the 5k dollar guy's posts wondering why he didn't spend 7k and get something good. There is another guy with a 12k digital front end wondering why we like cracks and pops so much.

Awesome hobby for sure, makes me happy.

I appreciate everybody's thoughtful feedback and help. There is a lot of knowledge here, and I learn so much.

Best,
Gary
Uncle- Your "was just thinking" comments are probably some of the sanest I've read on this forum. The dark side of this hobby touches on addiction...enough is never enough; there's always something better out there for just another $1000 - that is until you decide things ARE "good enough". But that sort of flies in the face of what some here believe it means to be an audiophile. If that is the case I'm happy to say I ain't one and just get on with enjoying the music. Hope you get great pleasure with music from your TT.
Ghost, you have quite a system, beautiful!

I'd like to hear the Totem, from what I've read they seem like my cup of tea.

Best,

Gary