In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
Swampwalker, your certainly entitled to your opinion but I think the post here including redsfan and my own we're in no way disrespectful or out of line. As a matter of fact, considering the amount of money some of his customers might be losing I think people have shown amazing restraint and respect for the situation in their comments.

Your last comment is stupid, out of line and does nothing but show ignorance on your part. If you had a few thousand dollars involved you might feel a little different. I am fully prepared and have accepted the fact that I have lost my payment. I will never say a bad word about Bobby as a person or his speakers. I intend to keep these speakers for life and be proud to say I own one of his creations.
Swampwalker, there is no reason to draw attention to the posts and call me out. I had the nicest of things to say about Bobby. And I still have nothing but positive feelings for Bobby and Merlin Music Systems. I have been a Merlin owner since I was 19 years old, and I have never owned any other "audiophile" speaker. I am loyal to my VSMs and I don't want to own any different speaker. I was only making a quick statement in hopes of someone connected to Merlin to reach out to me and let me know that my situation is acknowledged and will be taken care of in due time. I already had been left in the dark for the last 2.5 months and I was already worried about Bobby and his health during that time. I am heartbroken and saddened by his passing. He will be very much missed throughout the audio community. I never spoken to anyone with more passion or concern for the satisfaction of owners of his speakers.
In 2011 we(A friend ,on my recommendation, and myself) waited more than 18 months for our VSM MXrs to be delivered.We were always met with excuses on enquiry.At the end we had to threaten to get the goods delivered.By that time the newest of the new model had already appeared.
This year,again,because of the quality of the product,I again supported Bobby and ordered TSM Black Magics with Master RC networks.I was met with wide eyes when I told my hi fi friends I am going to order Merlins again.I was one of Bobby's biggest supporters since 2004.I imported the very first VSMs into the country in 2004.Many numerous posts on forums prove this.The quality of the product is beyond any criticism.I have the right to be upset.All I needed was honesty ...my friend Chris,I cannot deliver.That's all I needed.
Would it really be that hard to start a separate thread? Those who show no respect, get no respect. I completely agree with Sabai and Swampwalker.
I am emphathetic to the concerns of Redfan, Ssandl1 and Bluebull. This is a very sensitive area in light of what has happened but in NO way do I think that these gentlemen are unreasonable in their concerns. The timing of their comments, well, we each can draw our own conclusions. As to Bluebull's last comment about Bobby being honest about what was going on, having personally dealt with similar circumstances totally unrelated to Merlin Music and Bobby I would only say that he just couldn't accept the fact that he couldn't deliver what he promised, too much out not enough in. In addition something to consider, Bobby would NEVER compromise his product or dilute it to satisfy a customer's concern regarding delivery, it just took a little longer. It seems he may have run out of time on delivering and there wasn't enough money coming in to offset what was going out. It is unimaginable how this must have preyed on his psyche along with other unknown personal problems.

The one overriding thing that is acknowledged by all is that this man gave his all up to the time he felt he had nothing left. Bluebull, he was honest in that respect. His model of business, the time spent with his customers, the extra mile well beyond what was expected became unsustainable most likely. The acknowledgement of all the positive comments above are a testament to the integrity and decency of the man. The truly sad thing is that he felt he could no longer deal with these and other personal issues and there was no other way out.