Clayton Audio - Alive and very well

Fellow members:
I have long been a huge fan of Clayton Audio amplifiers. I recently purchased a new S2000 Dual Mono Class A amplifier with 300 WPC.
I am thrilled with the state of the art performance, natural presentation, and black background of this amplifier. I believe the new M300 monoblocks with upgraded power supply offered by Clayton are similarly adept. I encourage those interested in high power solid state or tube amplifiers to consider the new class A Clayton Audio amplifiers. You'll be glad you did!
Happy listening to all!
audiobrian
The mechanical transformer hum issue, yo my understanding, has long been resolved. However, there are a number of older units ping ponging around generating continued remarks. My S2000 is very quiet and very musically natural. The company is indeed very small but Mr Shen is very reputable, available and responsive, standing behind his products.
He is a knowledgeable electrical engineer, his class A topology a bit different than some other well respected names (Pass, Accuphase). Just to also state I am not a dealer or company representative, just a fan of Clayton amplifiers. My favorite high powered solid state amplifier is Clayton Audio, my favorite high powered tube design is VAC. Happy listening and thanks for your responses!
Audiobrian-Thx for the info! The S40/S100 is now on a short list of possible amp upgrades.
Audiobrian,
I'm a happy owner of M200 mono's.
I'd like to send them back to Wison Shen for current upgrades. Did you deal with him directly to buy your amps, or a local dealer. Do you have current contact info for Clayton?
Thanks
Hi Dayglow and Jdolgin.
Thanks for your responses. Clayton Audio is now dealing direct and I did indeed purchase my S2000 direct. One thing to know, however, as Mr Shen shared with me immediately, that his current pricing is very fair but non negotiable. This is necessary when doing away with the dealer network, so all customers are treated equally. His amplifiers are not cheap, but as they are as good or perhaps (IMHO) better than amplifiers 4-5x the price, they still represent value as well as state of the art. I should mention again that Mr Shen is quite available and stands behind his gear.
He can be reached at [email protected]. (314 862 6017)
Audiobrian -
Do you know if Wilson adjusted his pricing when he started selling direct? The S100 stereo amp was listed at $8500 in a 2014 review, his amps being sold through a dealer at that point. Was your S2000 priced less than before he eliminated the dealer network?
Thanks...