In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
this is still too terrible, too tragic to believe. all our conversations over the years, all the emails, all the innumerable hours spent in front of my own merlins ... thank you bobby, thank you. deepest condolences to his family, and to all the extended merlin family. RIP Bobby Palkovich
this is still too terrible, too tragic to believe. all our conversations over the years, all the emails, all the innumerable hours spent in front of my own merlins ... thank you bobby, thank you. deepest condolences to his family, and to all the extended merlin family. RIP Bobby Palkovich
Living pretty close to the Merlin factory it was enjoyable to drop by and speak to Bobby and Bill...Absolutely love the beautiful VSM's they made for me and will treasure them...Sorry for the loss we all share
One reason people loved Bobby P. had to do with the way he treated customers.

Shortly after taking delivery of my TSM-mmi's, I'd written to Bobby asking him about break-in procedure. This is what he wrote back (I still have all of our emails because I'm bad about cleaning out my inbox):

"steve, play them with your best sounding music and at normal listening levels.
and you are in my family now, i will take care of you with pleasure, indefinitely.
ok?
b"

I'll also say that even though I eventually moved on from the TSM's, they were as lovingly made (and packed!) as any product I've ever purchased. Bobby listened to and signed off on every pair that left the factory - they were "his babies." And for a completely handmade product, they were absolutely flawless.