AV Receiver recommends

I started researching receivers last year. The only place I could actually audition any of them was at the Magnolia room (Best Buy) and they tend to push you towards the Pioneer D Class Amps. Not that anything is wrong with them I actually like the Pioneer SC-91 that just came out.

I wanted to get the boards consensus though before going that route. I think the AV receiver is my next purchase.

Again, I am running a 5.1 system with B&W CM1's all around, Sony XBR-55HX950 TV, JBL-150 (pending upgrade) and my 15 year old Yamaha AV.

Are there other recommendations outside the Pioneer D Class series? I'm sorta an Apple guy so iPhone, iTunes, Apple TV integration is always a plus.
thx-333
Thanks Cerrot! I knew that of the Onkyo's and I've read all the return merchandize and angry consumers on Amazon regarding their receivers. And this forum has swayed me away from Pioneer… when i heard they were combining companies that really scared me away.

I'm with you brethren! =)
My father has had an Anthem 510 for about 6 months and it has been great.....sounds awesome, blows away his B&K ref 20/ 5000II combo that he bought in 98.... Great feature set, much easier for him to use.....ARC is easy to set up, sounds great with his Sonus Fabers
Onkyo has fixed their issues, as I said before Onkyo makes great sounding gear, the bang for the buck is off the charts.
Okyo has not fixed their issues - using stronger plastic doesnt cut it. WE dont want bang for the buck - we want to pay for the quality we get. Pioneer Elite much better than Pioneer but their HT receievrs are class D, which don't do it for me. (Class D amps can sound good but you really need to throw money at them aka JRDG).