Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
Couple years ago I bought brand new Hegel amp (HS4A). from the first time I plugged it in, it started to develop smell coming from the unit. In spite of my concerns and complains, Hegel kept saying it is normal and nothing should be done. Eventually (after about 400 hours of use with smell still present) I sold this amp.
Denon1,

Thanks for posting your story about Hegel. I find it interesting that this happened to you -- and that Hegel had an excuse not to back their product, as in my own case. You have confirmed something important here regarding Hegel, IMO.

Their excuse in my case: they insisted there was something wrong with my system -- that it was impossible there was a problem with their amp! They said I needed to dismantle my system to find out what was preventing the H20 from integrating with it. I found this very strange. In all the years, I have never had a single problem with "integrating" any component from any other company. And that means dozens of components from dozens of well-known companies.
Sorry it was not posted -- I stated the problem in an earlier post that was deleted. The problem was one channel producing distorted sound or no sound at all. Hegel first hung up on me calling my case "bulls**t". Then they agreed to talk to me to try to help "in whatever way we can". But after 45 minutes on the phone with their customer service manager they refused to help -- in any way.
Have you tried not running the H20 in a series with the Atma-Sphere S30 and Paul Speltz ZERO-Autoformers?
I'm frequently astonished that in this age of forums and nearly instant posting of customer opinions of things that manufacturers aren't aware of how this stuff can mess with their reputation…and cost 'em…can Hegel afford bad publicity? They're reviewed by the audio press as soon as the paint is dry on any new piece of gear with nearly unanimous praise for their designs…and should jump on any complaints like their business depended on it…which it does.
Wolf, I agree with your point (it's in Hegel's best business interests to quickly address such complaints) BUT I find Sabai's vagueness about the exact nature of the complaint that Hegel "vehemently" declined to address as curious. I'm guessing if it were clearly described here, Hegel's refusal might appear more understandable. In the absence of additional facts, my O-pinion at this point is that, not getting the desired response from Hegel, the original post was written in an attempt to pay them back by generating some bad press. Of course, I could be completely misreading the situation. Been wrong before, I'm sure it'll happen again.